Located in the spectacular Coast Mountains of British Columbia just two hours north of Vancouver, Whistler is Canada’s favourite year-round destination. There are two majestic mountains with a vibrant base Village, epic skiing and snowboarding, four championship golf courses, unbeatable shopping, restaurants and bars, hiking trails, spas and arguably the best mountain bike park in the world. Whistler is a world-leader for on-mountain activity and boasts many home options for residents, from single family residential to townhomes and condominiums.
Families love Whistler for obvious reasons. Raising children in one of the top-rated adventure destinations in the world has many perks. Access to the best programs, facilities, events and outdoor recreation is every parents dream.
Whistler also has a collection of excellent schools. For primary age children there are two public elementary schools and one private schools. Whistler Secondary School is the only high-public school in town which is attended by approx. 350 youth.
Schools: Myrtle Philip Community School – primary school, Spring Creek Community School – K-7 (French Imersion), Whistler Waldorf School – pre-school to Grade 12, Whistler Secondary School – Grade 8-12, Ecole La Passerale – Grades K-7 (Whistler’s only franophone school).
More Whistler Schools information HERE.
From grassy lawns and groomed trails to award-winning recreation centres, Whistler parks, trails and facilities offer activities for everyone all year round. Any season of the year, residents and visitors alike are welcomed like family, swept up by the unique energy in the Village and have opportunities to go on adventures that inspire and challenge you. The Meadow Park Recreation Centre offers drop-in Hockey as well as scheduled games, fitness centre, swimming lap pools and a kids pool, Squash Courts and more.
Popular recreation activities are: hiking, biking, skiing, paddle-boarding, climbing and much more. From Spring to Fall, Bear sight-seeing tours or guide guided tours are popular activities for all ages and abilities.
There is an abundance of activity options in Whistler, with nature truly at your door step.
FACTS ABOUT WHISTLER
- More than 2 million people visit Whistler annually
- Whistler is consistently voted one of the top resorts in North America by major ski magazines since the mid 90s
- Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics
- Whistler and Blackcomb mountains have a combined total of 38 lifts including the Peak 2 Peak Gondola
- There are more than 200 marked trails
- Whistler has a ski-able area of 4,757 acres, or 1,925 hectares
- The area informally acquired the name “Whistler” due to the call of the hoary marmot
- The world famous Whistler Bike Park draws mountain biking enthusiasts and professional riders from all over the world