Located at the northern tip of a glacially etched fjord on the Pacific Ocean, surrounded by a spectacular mountain backdrop and nestled within a temperate rainforest, Squamish is recognized worldwide for its culture, recreation and incredible mountain lifestyle.
THE SQUAMISH COMMUNITY
A strong, vibrant and healthy community, Squamish is envied for its wide range of recreational activities. World-class trails, rock climbing parks, consistent wind patterns, a relatively mild year-round climate, a healthy wildlife population, and proximity to ocean, mountains and rivers make Squamish a sought-after destination for mountain bikers, hikers, rock climbers, kite and wind surfers, kayakers, ski tourers, wildlife viewers and backcountry enthusiasts alike. Add to that a long list of organized sport associations such as soccer, ice hockey, figure skating, horseback riding, bmx, gymnastics, lacrosse and football, to name a few, and Squamish is second-to-none when it comes to both recreation and physical fitness.
A range of education options are available to Squamish families including a strong public school system with six elementary schools, a French school, a French immersion program, a junior high school and a high school. Independent preschools and schools offer Montessori and Waldorf-inspired education.
Squamish is also home to universities – Quest University, Canada’s first independent, not-for-profit, secular liberal arts and science university, devoted entirely to excellence in undergraduate education.
Squamish has over 30 licensed daycare and pre-school programs to choose from. Sea to Sky Children First have a full up-to-date list of licensed family daycares, group daycares and pre-school programs.
SQUAMISH NEW DEVELOPMENTS
Squamish is among the top 5 fastest growing communities in British Columbia between 2006-2016, and shows no signs of slowing. With that growth means more development opportunities are becoming available, as young families from Vancouver and further afield look to Squamish for a more affordable lifestyle and a deeper connection to nature. Who can blame them, with the unparalleled views throughout the valley, the mix of water and mountain activities, the ease of access to both Vancouver, Whistler and the Island, and the incredible culture that is fostered throughout this great community.
Immerse yourself in the new development opportunities in Squamish by clicking here.
FACTS ABOUT SQUAMISH
- Squamish has a great recreation facility, the Brennan Park Recreation Facility, which has an ice rink, indoor pool, 8 soccer fields, a BMX track, skateboard park, baseball diamonds and more
- Squamish has over 200 kilometers of single track and is one of the best mountain bike destinations in the world
- Known as one of the best rock climbing destinations in the world the Squamish Chief has hundreds of climbing routes for climbers of all levels
- Wind-surfing and kite-boarding at the Squamish Spit has become world renowned
- The Sea to Sky Gondola as opened up 3000 acres of back-country terrain to enjoy summer or winter
- Squamish has two Golf courses (Squamish Valley Golf Club and Furry Creek)